Following to Yahoo! Japan 2010 ranking, Google’s Zeitgeist 2010 has been disclosed on all of their languages including Japanese.
Although Yahoo! Japan Search switched its backend to Google’s one, people searching on Yahoo! japan and people searching on Google will keep using the same frontend, and will show the similar trends in 2011.
The most searched
Different from Yahoo! Japan’s ranking, Facebook is ranked at third position. Facebook was ranked at 39th on Yahoo! Japan’s. Instead of Japanese originated 2-channel, Nico Nico Douga, Ameblo and Goo are on Y!J, Google’s ranking has Hotmail, MSN and Gmail. That may be because Japanese Google users are more English-friendly.
- Xperia – Android by Sony & Erricson for NTT Docomo
- Rakuten Bank – Online bank by Rakuten
- Gegege no Nyoubou – TV drama
- AKB48 Election – a popular girls pop unit event
- Justin Bieber
- Nico Nico Seiga – Nico Nico Douga(Dwango’s popular video sharing service)’s variation for image sharing with comments
- Shojo Jidai – popular girls pop unit from Korea
- Kara – popular girls pop unit from Korea
- Heart Catch Pricure – 21th century Sailormoon
All links to Asiajin articles.
- Nico Nico Seiga
- Ameba Pigu
Other IT/Web related keywords
2010 News Keywords ranking has “smartphone” at 9th.
“-toha” ranking, which means “what is this blabla?” has “Ustream” at 1st, “Html5” at 5th, “Twitter” 6th.
“Imi kensaku” ranking (matches with “define” search in English) has “Galapagos-fy” at 5th. Galapagos was a buzzword to depict how Japanese mobile has been evolved separately from the rest of the world (and seeing difficulty to export and sell those technologies).