Nyotai-Goyomi (=girl’s body calendar. The word nyotai is the same one in notorious nyotai mori) is a set of girls’ photos who has date drawn somewhere on her skin.
The date drawn on girls seem to be in various formats including Japanese digits. If you don’t understand Japanese date notations, these apps may be not so useful. Well, your smartphone can easily show current date for free so people who purchase this may not care the information itself.
Bijin Dokei(Tokei) achieved huge success in Japan with “Time” and girls so this one may be welcomed, too.
Every month, new Nyotai Goyomi application are published on iPhone and Android under different themes.
Photos of some date are on the developer’s blog [J].
via GirlsNews [J]
Bijin Tokei, a company known for having developed a hot girl clock gadget, has recently developed the weather girl iPhone app called Bijin Tenki[J] in partnership with mobile app provider Dwango.
On the app, cute girls (no idea on how many girls are involved) will keep you updated with weather forecast for the next seven days, for your current location by utilizing the iPhone’s GPS function or pre-configured settings on the app. You can check the profile of anyone you are interested in, such as name, date of birth and blood type. You are also allowed to tweet a link to a weather girl you like.
Noteworthily, it has some patterns of error images in which the girls show us messages, which will be appeared on screen when a technical fault occurs.
Bijin Tokei, which is known for having developed a hot girl clock gadget, has developed a new gadget in association with SBI Holdings, a conglomerate of online financial services. It is called Bijin Kabuka[J] and cute girls show you the realtime quotes every minute. It aims to entertain market board watchers, they say, and allows you to check up the figures of Nikkei Index, TOPIX (Tokyo Stock Exchange), SSE Composite Index (Shanghai Stock Exchange) and Hang Seng Index (Hong Kong Stock Exchange) with a number of cute smiles regardless of market conditions.
Last week our RSS subscribers passed over 5,000, which is a good milestone. Twitter followers also increased to 400. Following @asiajin also will notify our latest articles. Thank you so much.
Here is the first half of January Japanese IT/Web interesting news links we did not take as a dedicated article. (part 2 is here)
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise noted.
- Cellphone Shipments In Japan Drops The Lowest Level In 5 Years – 2009 3Q
- Liberal Democratic Party launches Internet video channel, J-Channel
- Bijin Tokei 2D (2-dimensional, Anime) version collaborated with Pixiv
- Bijin Tokei goes on TV in Kansai, 5 minutes program
- Bijin Tokei Voice Actress Version released
- New Service Namings Name What You Often Experience But Does Not Have Name
- Nippon TV (channel 4 in Tokyo) had Twitter teaching program on new years holiday
- Tweeting National Diet Member (and ex-fashion model) Renho asked how to use Nintendo DS illegal dongle for her son
- Love Plus AR cards were sold by 100,000 yen on Yahoo! Auction
- Ameba Celebrities’ password were posted in Excel on their blogs
- CyberAgent release on their Ameba password leak incident [pdf]
- A maid hair salon was opened in Taipei (Not Tokyo)
- Anime “Eden of the East” AR events are held in Tokyo
- Nippon TV will broadcast a new entertainment program interacts with Twitter users
- Mixi Introduced MySpace-like Personal Page Decoration Feature For PC
- CyberAgent starts illustration mashup community AmebaPACO
- MSN Sankei News starts enabling users to reproduce the news footage pictures on their blogs without permission.
- Rakuten, Yahoo Japan, Mixi and more teamed up for promoting e-commerce industry.
- Motion Portrait introduces HourFace, the iPhone app allows you to see how you will look like when you get older.
- Niconico DVD – NicoNico comments overlay on Your Watching DVD
- A Japan’s real estate portal releases a GPS-enabled iPhone app showing the average price of apartment rent cost classfied by town.
- NTT Docomo started mobile cartoon service for India’s Tata DoCoMo cellphone subscribers.
- Yahoo! Japan phishing suspects arrested.
- NTT Communications invests in Swiss online language learning site.
- Latest i-mode browsers are reported to cause security leak with old-style mobile site
- CyberAgent released the iPhone app allowing you to browse Ameba blog posts.
- Bikini Liquor Shop.
- OGC2010 Web/Game Conference Feb 17th
- Mr. & Mrs. Ukigawa, who are well-known for having invented a Japanese front-end processor(FEP), quit the company they’ve founded and launch a new company to develop user-friendly application platforms.
- Livedoor launched TechWave, an IT-oriented blog moderated by former Jiji Press tech correspondent Tsuruaki Yukawa, and Market Hack, an alternative investment-oriented blog by financial expert Takao Hirose.
- Naver’s Storage Service N Drive
- YouTube announces the grand prix winner of YouTube Video Awards Japan 2009.
- Kenko.com launched an English-language version.
- Contactless smardcard “FeliCa” for the iPhone to be introduced in Japan. Flight System Consulting, Focal Computer and Morphie are jointly developing it. [pdf]
- Flight System Consulting just released the iPhone app enabling your tweet by speech.
- Programmers’ friend Potechi-no-te – magic hands for potato tips
- Ascii-Art assist service for Twitter AA Hoshu
- NTT Docomo announces its own Android App Market for the coming new Sony Ericsson device
- GMO Payment Gateway to start Payment Service for Social Apps
- Navar Japan N Drive adds iPhone and Mac support
- Evernote opens Japanese site and declares Japanese localization is under way
- CoroPura Starts Another Location Based Social Game on Mobage Town
- Taiko no Tatsujin Goes On iPhone
- David Meerman Scott interviews @masakiishitani about Japanese Twitter scene
- Web game company AQInteractive aquires LinkThink(WebKare)
- Yahoo! Japan and others’ guide for children internet usage recommend parents to allow PC first
- iPad page on Apple Japan does not have iBooks
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.
As you see, we know a lot things to write but contributors time are limited. So we are looking for authors. We will help Japanese research/reading part so do not worry if your Japanese is not perfect.
We also want sponsorship to keep this group blog. Ideal if from Japanese companies because our initial motivation was to introduce them to non-Japanese web. Problem is we only write in English and they do not check English sites 🙂 If you know them please suggest us to them!
We covered the first Bijin-Tokei (Beautiful Girls Clock, if you are to take Japanese language exam, “Bijin-Dokei”), every single of 1440 minutes has a different photo with a beautiful girl hanging the time on a blackboard, on their launch. It got huge attentions and has been producing a lot of variants, both by themselves (Binan Tokei – beautiful “boys” clock, Gal Tokei, Pit Babe version, Korean version and planned French version ) and other (Korean).
AV-Tokei [NSFW], looks very similar design with the original Bijin-Tokei, features slightly different girls, ahem, pornstars. “AV” is an abbreviation of “Adaruto Bideo(Adult Video)”.
The company info is different from the original Bijin-Tokei provider.