Hello, Asiajin readers in Singapore!
I’ve just planned to attend Accelerate 2010, one of Asia’s biggest annual tech events that we also serve as a media sponsor of. Since I’ll be in Singapore in that week, by using this opportunity, in order to exchange friendships and communicate with our readers in the country on a face-to-face basis, we expect to have a meet-up on Saturday, September 25th at 7pm at the country’s geek hub Hackerspace.SG.
(The picture of Merlion with Singapore City on the background shown above is reproduced from The Singapore Merlion is still getting strong attention after all these years… under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 License.)
First of all, we would like you to save the date and to RSVP via Plancast if you can join. We’ll count the number of potential attendees and prepare an agenda based on it.
In the meet-up, basically we just want to have a presentation about Japanese tech scenes and what the attendees want to hear especially from us, then there will be elevator pitch presentations by those who are managing or working with tech start-ups, followed by a networking session. Your suggestion on the meet-up agenda is highly welcomed. Kindly leave it as a comment for this blog post if any. More details are expected to be announced by September 18 which is a week prior to the meet-up date. Please re-tweet and “plancast” the event.
See you all there.
Host: Masaru IKEDA (contributor for Asiajin, organizer for Startup Dating, web service producer, serial entrepreneur and tech journalist)
Date & Time: 7pm, Saturday, September 25, 2010 (Singapore local time)
70A Bussorah Street, Singapore 199483
8-min walk from Bugis MRT Station (EW12/DT14)
7pm Door opens
7:15pm Introduction to Asiajin and The Latest Tech Trends in Japan & Asia
8pm Presentations by Attendees
10pm Door closes
Beverages: Beer and soft drinks are available at Hackspace.SG. They ask for a small token of donation for the drinks consumed to allow them to replenish their supplies. Thank you for your cooperation.
Foods: I (Masaru) am just planning to make something delivered to take the edge off the attendees’ hunger. “Bring your own” are also welcomed.
After the meet-up: There will be the qualifying session of the F1 Grand Prix (starting at 10pm) very near the meet-up venue. Let’s hang out.
Note: If you’ve invented or developed something new and would like to present it in front of the attendees and Asiajin readers, please catch me at the venue or drop me a line. The event will be streamcast live if available. Detailed schedule are subject to change.
- Asiajin Meeting Tokyo #1 tonight
- Report: Asiajin Meeting #1 (part one)
- Update: Asiajin To Host Readers Meet-up in Taipei This Weekend
- Event Wrap-up: Asiajin Readers Meet-up In Taipei
- Asiajin Shanghai Meetup Held On 24th
- Report Of Asiajin Shanghai Meetup
Latest posts by Masaru IKEDA (see all)
- As The First In Its Kind, Digital-Focused Event To Be Held This Weekend In Fukuoka - 8:30 AM
- Mig33 Launches Developer Program, Many Asian Gaming Apps To Come Out In Japan - 12:00 AM
- Zaim: The Socialized Cashbook App Helps You Find Better Ways To Save Daily Expenses - 11:00 AM
- Event Wrap-up: Echelon 2011 And More, A Visit To Singapore In June - 8:30 PM
- August’s Startup Weekend Events To Take Place In Tokyo, Kyoto And Fukuoka - 9:26 PM