In the next month, it will be the hottest summer ever which is filled with a number of start-up events. Jonny Li, a Tokyo-based British start-up curator and also known as a partner for the Startup Weekend organization, announced he would hold its 54-hour weekend events in Tokyo, Kyoto and Fukuoka. The events are to be operated by Mr. Li, Mr. Masanori Hashimoto of NuLab Inc.[J] who’s well known for diagram-sharing web app Cacoo, and Kyoto Research Park.
- Aug 5 (Fri) – 7 (Sun) : In Kyoto, Kyoto Research Park
- Aug 19 (Fri) – 21 (Sun) : In Tokyo, Mixi Head Office
- Aug 26 (Fri) – 28 (Sun) : In Fukuoka, Kyushu University
Mr. Li expects sponsorship from several local tech companies in each of the cities, is currently working on it, and hopes to raise a 6 or 7-digit amount of cash (in Japanese yen) to the final prize winner.
Appointed judges who will watch and evaluate the pitches of participating developers include: Junya Kondo[J] from Hatena[J] (a Kyoto-based blog hosting company, see this for the company’s related stories), Kentaro Sakakibara from Samurai Incubate and Mikihiro Yasuda[J] from Tokyo-based incubator Open Network Lab[J]. More great names are expected to be seated on the judging panel, so please keep your eyes on the website of the three-city events.
If you’re interested in attending any of them and co-developing with great comrades, visit the website of the event in your city and complete your sign-up before all seats are sold out.
- Startup Weekend Tokyo 2010: Picture Crop Tool Kachop Wins 1st Prize Among Nine Teams
- 10 Ideas From Startup Weekend Tokyo (Penn Olson)
Latest posts by Masaru IKEDA (see all)
- As The First In Its Kind, Digital-Focused Event To Be Held This Weekend In Fukuoka - 8:30 AM
- Mig33 Launches Developer Program, Many Asian Gaming Apps To Come Out In Japan - 12:00 AM
- Zaim: The Socialized Cashbook App Helps You Find Better Ways To Save Daily Expenses - 11:00 AM
- Event Wrap-up: Echelon 2011 And More, A Visit To Singapore In June - 8:30 PM
- August’s Startup Weekend Events To Take Place In Tokyo, Kyoto And Fukuoka - 9:26 PM