Following to the 20 million users social gaming networks Gree and DeNA’s hiring competition with over $20,000 rewards for engineers beginning 4 days ago, Dwango [J] (Asiajin), who has much longer history on Japanese cellphone game, also known by their Japanese YouTube counter movie community Nico Nico Douga [J] (Asiajin), announced their new rewards plan to their newly hiring engineers [J].
On the program, it is the same that Dwango will pay fair amount of cash, 1,262,500 yen ($14,700) to engineers who applies directly (i.e. not via agents). On top of that, Dwango will donate the same amount of grant to an organization such like open source community or volunteer organization which the hired engineers direct.
The sum of those two rewards will become 2,525,000 yen ($30,000), which number can be read as “Nico Nico” in Japanese.
According to Gadget Tsushin [J], the rewards program was made out of discussion over Twitter conversation among Dwango R&D Director Yuji Chino, a board member Takeshi Natsuno (the father of i-mode) and Niwango (Dwango’s subsidiary for Nico Nico Douga) board Hiroyuki Nishimura, also known as mega bbs 2-channel founder.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM