This week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Twitter Japan-Mixi alliance article was on Techmeme.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Domino Pizza’s Too Categorized Coupons – people with glasses, in single, with pig tails, name is Maeda, at section chief, parrot-owner, second-grade in junior high, living ground-floor or kind gets 25% off
- NetRatings Announces Correction Around Number Of Mixi Users Plunging On Its Latest Stats – NetRatings says it won’t use “users” but “visitors” from now on, which should have been so. Mixi even issued an official press release because they were angry at Netratings.
- Docomo T-01D Android Updated To Be Able “To Call And Browse” – the phone you can call others
- Engadget Night, Engadget Japan’s event cancelled on the day before, no reason were explained
- Naver Japan’s Free Talk App “Line” Passes 7 Million Users
- Dragon Quest Slime Dumpling frenzy
- Family Mart planned to sell 500,000, changed to 1 million because of popularity. displayed with Dragon Quest screen-like
8 gathering is supposed to be one king slime
burned by fire magic
Kotaku covered [En]
- New Maid Cafe Conbines Real Girls And Virtual Girls
- Seven Eleven Begins Free WiFi In Tokyo 23wards. NTT East’s Seven Eleven WiFi press release
- Nikkei BP Gets A Scoop – Docomo To Sell LTI iPad/iPhone Next Year, Mac Rumors [En],
- Macgasm [En] and many others – Docomo denied [En] (but it does not have other options even though the talk is going on.)
- 2-persons Social Network App For Lovers
- Japanese Kimono Obi Crafted To Artwork, blog
- Final Fantasy Brigade For Mobage To Launch This Month December 2011
Year end’s buzzword ranking of 2011
- Yahoo! Japan’s 2011 Search Keywords Ranking
- Google Japan’s 2011 Search Keywords Ranking
- The Most Buzzed Word In Japanese Net In 2011 Was Popopopo-n – all 12 nominees [En]
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.