Dwango[J], the parent of the company running Japan’s largest video sharing site Nico Nico Douga[J], announced its full-year consolidated financial statements (Oct. 2009 thru Sep. 2010) last week, which showed us Nico Nico Douga had turned in the black for the first time in their full-year result. (In their monthly earnings, it already turned in the black last March.)
They unveiled the following financial results and their user attributes.
Net sales: JPY1.846B (=USD23.1M)
- Premium membership: JPY1.457B (=USD18.2M)
- Ad sales: JPY257M (=USD3.2M)
- Affiliate sales: JPY48M (=USD0.6M)
- Reward points sales and others: JPY84M (=USD1.1M)
Operating income: JPY115M (=USD1.4M)
- Free membership: 18.6M users
- Premium membership(charged): 0.98M users
- Mobile membership: 5.58M users
(The number of premium membership users reached 1M on October 13th, this year.)
- Male: 68%
- Female 32%
- 10s: 21.7%
- 20s: 45.0%
- 30s: 21.0%
- 40s: 8.0%
- 50s: 2.2%
Those in their 20s who have signed up with Nico Nico Douga shares 60% of the entire population of Japanese in their 20s.
- Average daily page view: 80.56M
- Average daily visitors: 2.82M
- Average time spent per visit: 38.5mins
Meanwhile, Nico Nico Douga announced they would open their new office next month in Takeshita Dori, which is a pedestrian-only street lined with fashion boutiques in Harajuku. The office has a studio, a coffee shop and souvenir shops selling merchandise designed by artists who have been aired and spotlighted on NicoNico Douga.