Early part of November news which we did not write as a dedicated article. Continued to (Part 2)
There were some big English blogs covered recent Hatsune Miku live and some people might see the virtual Vocaloid singer news first time. You may also want to check our past covers;
2010-06, when she beat out Lady Gaga on Japanese ranking: Computer-Synthesized Vocal Album Tops The Japanese Chart First In History
2009-08, when she held the first “live”: Virtual Singer Application Vocaloid Played Her First “Live” for 25,000 Fans
And moreHatsune Miku news on Asiajin [En].
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- The Official Microsoft Japan Blog Starts
- DeNA(Mobage Town) Offers 125-250% Salary For New Graduates Engineers With Work-Ready Skill
- Japanse postal service using twitter for new year’s card promotion
- 2-channel Summary Blog Hachima Kikou Points Out That XBox Games Are Ranked Only In USA and UK – Not only unpopular in Japan but also in Europe
- NicoStream – Adobe Air App To Show Ustream And Twitter In Nico Nico Douga Style (Tweets Overlaid)
- Excel For Mac 11 Bundles Grid Sheet Template For Japan. c.f. Nikkei PC Online lectured how to use Excel as a grid sheet
- Buffalo’s HDD Having Harry Potter 1-6. release
- Illustration Shows What Information (geek) Japanese Web Users Get Every Day
- Book Review: An Otaku Guide For Preparing Death, Wills And Collections
- Groupon Japan Moved To Shibuya First Tower Last Month. The article says that Mixi will move there next April, too.
- New URL Shortening Service In Japanese Style – i.e. kawaii character
- New Sony Walkman Campaign. They are going to video blog three artists as they go around the world writing new music.
- Excite Releases Japanese Recipe iPhone App In English [En]. YouTube
- PR Company Bilcom To Merge With Shanghai-based 上海億目広告有限公司
- Following To CD, 100 Different “Hi, brother” Call DVD Released
- Rakuten Books Extends Free Delivery Campaign – Competes With Amazon Japan’s Service
- Uniqlo Lucky Line 2 To Start On Nov. 15th
- Mixi CEO Kasahara Interview. He says he welcomes Facebook’s connector App using Mixi API [En]
- Funny Train Ads Accident
- Interactive Akihabara English Map via @weLoveUfunk
- Amazon Japan To Hire New Graduates First Time, With Damboo
- Ustream Suicide Broadcast Happened In Sendai. Sankei confirmed. Reported on UK Telegraph [En] later.
- Facebook’s Japanese Guide Page. Seems Japan original
- Kyabakura(Japanese hostess bar, Asiajin [En]) Specific Groupon Clone Pooknight.jp. The company name is Guru-pon, same notation as the Groupon.
- Apple Starts To Sell Movie On Japanese iTunes Store. with 1,000 titles
- Google Gives YouTube User Info To Japanese Prosecutors (AFP) [En]
- iPhone Sushi Guide For Foreigners. We covered another iPhone Sushi app in 2008
- Sushi-go-round Restaurant Using iPad As A Remote Order System. YouTube
- Nokia Says Sharp And Fujitsu Releasing 11 Symbian Phones [En]. It is odd that they suddenly counts in Japanese feature phones as Symbian. Both Sharp and Fujitsu are making also Android, which is not mentioned.
- Bowlingual For iPhone Released
- Yahoo! Mobage Gets One Million Users In 51 Days
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.