It’s been a while since we explained how English speaking users can set up an account for Japan’s super-popular video sharing site Nico Nico Douga (click here for a list of all Nico Nico articles we’ve written so far). A few things changed in the registration process, which is why we thought it’s a good idea to give you a new guide (so please ignore the older version).
(Note: Unlike YouTube, you can’t view videos on Nico Nico without being logged in.)
Please follow the instructions given in English in the screengrabs below to register for the site (click on the pictures to enlarge them). Learn how to use Nico Nico Douga here.
Screen 1 (starting page for logged-out/new users):
Screen 2 (choose between premium and free account):
Screen 3 (email address form – note: hotmail and other services didn’t work, Gmail did):
Screen 4 (registration):
Screen 5 (confirmation):
Screen 6 (notification):
Screen 7 (registration complete – you land here after you click on the link provided in the email):
Screen 8 (Nico Nico top page, logged in as new member):
Again, click here for a guide (in English) on how to use Nico Nico Douga in Japanese.
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - 3:16 PM
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - 6:46 PM
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - 2:20 PM
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - 9:22 AM
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - 7:58 AM