This quick guide should explains Nico Nico’s main features and how to actually get around the site (ignore our older guide). Nico Nico has changed a lot over the past months, having added live streaming, apps, a manga section etc. – too much to cover the now massive site in a blog post.
Nico Nico is still being used mostly for clips, which is why we focus on the “videos” section in the following. (Note: Unlike YouTube, you can’t view videos on Nico Nico without being logged in.)
Please click on the screengrabs to enlarge them.
Screen 1 (Nico Nico top page, viewed as a logged-in user):
Screen 2 (videos section – what you see after clicking the “videos” category on the top left on the top page):
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - October 4, 2012
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - September 11, 2012
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - August 11, 2012
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - July 26, 2012
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - July 5, 2012