Japan’s third largest social network GREE[J] announced today they would invest in Mig33 (by Project Goth, Inc.) who is a SMS and IM text messaging-based social network platform in Singapore. GREE plans to invest several million US dollars in Mig33’s series C round and to acquire several percent stake. This will be the first ever case investing in a non-Japanese company for GREE. Mig33 is a social network platform designed for feature phones and has engaged 40 million users in emerging countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and Eastern Europe. The two companies are expecting to work together for developing a common platform that allows the third party providers to publish their apps and services on the both social networks.
GREE announed last month that they would take 4.2% stake in @cosme[J] (by iStyle, Inc.[J]), a word-of-mouth based marketing portal especially on cosmetics products targeting Japanese females in their 20s and 30s.
via: Second Times[J]
Latest posts by Masaru IKEDA (see all)
- As The First In Its Kind, Digital-Focused Event To Be Held This Weekend In Fukuoka - 8:30 AM
- Mig33 Launches Developer Program, Many Asian Gaming Apps To Come Out In Japan - 12:00 AM
- Zaim: The Socialized Cashbook App Helps You Find Better Ways To Save Daily Expenses - 11:00 AM
- Event Wrap-up: Echelon 2011 And More, A Visit To Singapore In June - 8:30 PM
- August’s Startup Weekend Events To Take Place In Tokyo, Kyoto And Fukuoka - 9:26 PM