Startup Showcase Round 2:
Nanbeijie (南北街) is an entertainment focused social shopping company that transforms online shopping into a social gaming experience. Utilising social gaming, virtual currencies and merging it with entertaining shopping games to create a new experience in the shopping entertainment space.
Cosher provides an innovative solution that makes internet display advertising campaigns more effective. It is the first company worldwide to offer standard-based cursor-advertising. In one simple sentence, they use the mouse cursor pointer for advertising purposes. They can display your company/product logo on affiliated websites in conjunction with your banner-ads.
Enterproid allows mobile professionals to consolidate their work and personal life onto a single cloud-managed enterprise-grade device without compromising security or functionality.
The Popcorn Media Network is one of the first company’s in Hong Kong to see the value of social media and blogging and set up Hong Kong’s very first blog network with the brands such as ButterBoom.com, NeonPunch.com and Winbuzz.hk.
Conyac is a tech start-up based in Tokyo and a place for social translation over the internet. It is a user friendly website that enables you to request a translation or translate a request by another user, in order to gain Conyac points.
For more details about Conyac, refer to the following Asiajin stories.
- Translation Tool: New Option Between Human Profession And Computer’s Imperfectness
- 140Trans: Now It’s So Easy To Tweet In Unfamiliar Languages
Spoilt is a team that brings experience gifts to Hong Kong. If you look for a unique gift for a loved one or planning a day out, they can help. Their points are unique experiences, hassle-free shopping, price guarantee and simple booking process.
The Future Panel:
- Andy Cheung, Architect Evangelist, Microsoft
- Patrick Lee, Founder of Alive Not Dead (an online community dedicated to helping artists)
- Ken Law, CEO of MotherApp (a smartphone app developer creating iPhone / Android / Windows Mobile / Blackberry apps very quickly using their patent-pending technology. Asiajin’s iPhone/iPod Touch reader is also powered by them.)
Startup Showcase Round 3
Stepcase developed several photo-related iPhone apps. One of their best is Steply, which is for establishing an access to a free online community to share photos with friends and discover new things in your city. Steply is available on the iTunes AppStore.
Gobuya is a deal of the day site serving merchants and consumers in Hong Kong. Developed and operated by Allo Online Solution Ltd. which is headquartered at Hong Kong Science Park. They get high traffic through Facebook.
Aoopz is a platform for professionals to publish their works, creatives, ideas to the subscribers in multi-channels where publishings can be seen in most of platforms – mobile, iPad and web.
Resume Tracker provides you with your own careers site to handle job applications and to manage applicant information for small business.
Pillow2 is an online community to share travel experience, personalize your trips, and discover hidden local gems. You can create a comprehensive travel journal with photos and the places you visited. Then you can share it with your friends.
OPP helps business to demonstrate their products online easily and efficiently. It is a fully customized and animated product tools that can act as product catalog to complete online store. With its animated user interface, user can generate your own E-commerce website or product catalog in a very short time. Developed by online solution provider Innoverz, which is also based at Hong Kong Science Park.
I’ve ever been to TechCrunch 50, OpenWeb Asia and the other attractive tech conferences many times, but never met such a hot event where a number of start-ups and entrepreneurs having grassroots spirits plus ambition to be a world-class business come together. The organizer announced more than 400 people attended the event, and they were forced to set up an additional venue for having seats for the entire audience.
Latest posts by Masaru IKEDA (see all)
- As The First In Its Kind, Digital-Focused Event To Be Held This Weekend In Fukuoka - 8:30 AM
- Mig33 Launches Developer Program, Many Asian Gaming Apps To Come Out In Japan - 12:00 AM
- Zaim: The Socialized Cashbook App Helps You Find Better Ways To Save Daily Expenses - 11:00 AM
- Event Wrap-up: Echelon 2011 And More, A Visit To Singapore In June - 8:30 PM
- August’s Startup Weekend Events To Take Place In Tokyo, Kyoto And Fukuoka - 9:26 PM