Ngi Group, which has spawned a number of new Internet businesses in Tokyo and is known for having invested in Japan’s top social network Mixi[J], unveiled a new API called “ngi social connect[J]” at a serial meet-up by and for Japanese social app providers and developers[J] “Social App Night” today.
The API allows app developers to integrate their apps with multiple social network platforms more easily, such as Twitter and Facebook, without putting a code for each. The company expects to develop ad solutions and marketing services that can reach social app users whom Google Ad can never reach, they say, based on the technologies of social graph marketing and behavioral targeting.
In September, the new API will be installed on Tokyo-based commerce site developer Venture Republic[J]‘s price-comparison service Coneco.net[J], word-of-mouth-based marketing service for hotels and inns Hotel.jp[J] and ngi’s iPhone/social app showcase Applie[J].
Above: Yozo Kaneko, CEO of ngi Group and his colleague demo-ed “ngi social connect” at Social App Night, Akihabara, Tuesday.
Latest posts by Masaru IKEDA (see all)
- As The First In Its Kind, Digital-Focused Event To Be Held This Weekend In Fukuoka - 8:30 AM
- Mig33 Launches Developer Program, Many Asian Gaming Apps To Come Out In Japan - 12:00 AM
- Zaim: The Socialized Cashbook App Helps You Find Better Ways To Save Daily Expenses - 11:00 AM
- Event Wrap-up: Echelon 2011 And More, A Visit To Singapore In June - 8:30 PM
- August’s Startup Weekend Events To Take Place In Tokyo, Kyoto And Fukuoka - 9:26 PM