Infinity Ventures LLP[J], a Tokyo-based independent venture capital unit investing in tech start-up companies, announced today it had invested approximately USD2.1M (JPY200M) in WAPTX (registered in Cayman Islands) running China’s largest mobile SNS called tx.com.cn(天下网)[C] (pronounced as tiān-xià-wǎng).
The service owns 9 million users as of July 2009, and Tokyo-based mobile SNS company DeNA announced last month it would take 50.48% of the entire shares of WAPTX.
IVP Fund was fundraised by the CEOs of mobile service start-up ventures in Japan and Mainland China.
Latest posts by Masaru IKEDA (see all)
- As The First In Its Kind, Digital-Focused Event To Be Held This Weekend In Fukuoka - 8:30 AM
- Mig33 Launches Developer Program, Many Asian Gaming Apps To Come Out In Japan - 12:00 AM
- Zaim: The Socialized Cashbook App Helps You Find Better Ways To Save Daily Expenses - 11:00 AM
- Event Wrap-up: Echelon 2011 And More, A Visit To Singapore In June - 8:30 PM
- August’s Startup Weekend Events To Take Place In Tokyo, Kyoto And Fukuoka - 9:26 PM