Japanese Social Network Giant, Mixi Inc. announced that they will establish a 100% subsidiary in Shanghai, China, to enter the Chinese market this April or May 2008.
Most of Mixi’s revenues now come from its social network service for the PC and cellular phones. Mixi says they think China is promising because of the increase in internet users and growing cellular phone market.
The name of the company is planned to be “mixi Shanghai, Inc.” (上海明迅網絡科技有限公司).
[Update 2008-07-20] Jiji reported that Mixi finally established the planned Shanghai subsidiary on 18th July 2008, which is 2-3 months later than announced. No other media or Mixi themselves have mentioned this yet.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM