Japanese Social Network Giant, Mixi Inc. announced that they will establish a 100% subsidiary in Shanghai, China, to enter the Chinese market this April or May 2008.
Most of Mixi’s revenues now come from its social network service for the PC and cellular phones. Mixi says they think China is promising because of the increase in internet users and growing cellular phone market.
The name of the company is planned to be “mixi Shanghai, Inc.” (上海明迅網絡科技有限公司).
[Update 2008-07-20] Jiji reported that Mixi finally established the planned Shanghai subsidiary on 18th July 2008, which is 2-3 months later than announced. No other media or Mixi themselves have mentioned this yet.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- E-mail Mistakenly Addressed to Mr./Ms. “Blacklist” - March 7, 2015
- Granny Dating Simulation Game – Jun’ai Babah Gakuen - February 7, 2015
- Aichi Police Raids Amazon Japan over Child-porn Sales - January 24, 2015
- Japanese Office Prank – Zaku II from Gundam Outside - January 16, 2015
- Mixi Adds The Second Account, Gives Users Another Face - January 14, 2015