Japanese Social Network Giant, Mixi Inc. announced that they will establish a 100% subsidiary in Shanghai, China, to enter the Chinese market this April or May 2008.
Most of Mixi’s revenues now come from its social network service for the PC and cellular phones. Mixi says they think China is promising because of the increase in internet users and growing cellular phone market.
The name of the company is planned to be “mixi Shanghai, Inc.” (上海明迅網絡科技有限公司).
[Update 2008-07-20] Jiji reported that Mixi finally established the planned Shanghai subsidiary on 18th July 2008, which is 2-3 months later than announced. No other media or Mixi themselves have mentioned this yet.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Japan’s 4th Largest Convenience Chain-store To Use Rakuten Super Points - November 30, 2013
- Twitter Virus “Plays Now” Exposes What Tasteless Videos Japanese Interested In - October 23, 2013
- Gree Proposes Voluntary Retirement To 11% Employees - October 2, 2013
- Mixi Renewed iPhone Messaging App With Stamp/Photo - October 1, 2013
- Veoh Likely Aquired By Japanese FC2 - September 28, 2013