Continued from (Part 1). Middle part of August news which we did not write as a dedicated article. Continued to (Part 3)
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
Mid-August news are few because of Japanese obon season.
- NetMile Employee Reported Hiring Interview Over Google+, Leaked. NetMile Apologies On G+ Livechat Of Hiring Interview. They claim that the interview itself was a make-up by this guy and there was no harassed interviewee.
- CyberAgent Ventures invests in FrogApps, a start-up that may focus on social apps for encouraging restaurant business.
- Johnny’s Web Android App. no photos of idles. via Ketai Watch and AppLab
- Morisawa To Start Japanese Web Font Service This Year
- Japanese TV explaining the London Riots
- DeNA Launches Mobage iPhone App for Japanese Market
- Acer Japan Boasts No.1 Sold Tablet Leading 6 Different iPad Variations via Hatena blogger id:wapa
- Media Jump, a web service arm of Japan’s second largest ad agency Hakuhodo, launches Kita-colle, an event recommendation engine.
- Boss is launching their latest canned coffee like a movie.
- EC Navi releases AppMom, a recommendation app for Android apps, that works based on your download history.
- i-Publishing launches J-Manga in association with Japan’s Digital Comic Association, distrubuting comic titles by Japanese brand new cartoonists to the iPhone/iPad users in North America.
- Yahoo! Japan Expands From Ketai To Android By Yahoo! Phone For Yahoo! Japan Heavy-Users
- Mixi Makes An Infographic Of Itself
- Navitime, a maker of GPS-based navigation apps for mobiles, releases the iPhone app that reports up-to-date crowdness state of a commuter train that you’re going to take.
- Japanese security specialist Mala Explains Why Mixi Needed To Stop Popular Footprint Function. He wrote Facebook has the same privacy issue but said that Facebook Japan did not respond to him
- NHK Reports Governmental Program To Train Young White-hat Hacker
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.