This is a report of Asiajin Shanghai Meetup which was held on July 24th. The meetup was held at Sunstyle showroom in Shanghai Sculpture Space. Thank you so much to Gang Lu and George Godula for securing a venue.
More than 20 people have gathered to the event on this very hot day in Shanghai.
Five people have talked about country situation and their startup experiences.
- Situation of Japanese startups by Shunichi Arai (me)
- Online collaborative drawing tool ‘Cacoo‘ by Shinsuke Tabata.
- What’s happening in China by Gang Lu.
- Social game ‘Happy Tower’ for Mixi platform by Yong Zhao.
- His entrepreneur experiences and his new startup by Mike Cai.
We have a few Chinese speakers to compare and discuss the industry between Japan and China. Gang Lu, the founder of OpenWebAsia workgroup, gave a great talk about Chinese Web industry. Unfortunately I was not good at time management, so we had not many time to discuss about that.
Yong Zhao is a long-time reader of Asiajin, and he has kindly invited me to his company called ‘Kingnet’.
Kingnet is a company providing social games to many platforms including Mixi platform. Their game called ‘Happy Tower’ is very successful in many platforms.