Japan’s largest news portal Yahoo! Japan’s Yahoo! News silently added Facebook comments on news pages, between Yahoo! Japan’s own comment system and Realtime-search results from Twitter.
According to an article [J] on How-to Sharing site Nanapi by its CEO Kensuke Furukawa, Yahoo! Japan’s COO Kentaro Kawanabe, who were recently appointed, posted a test comment on this news of US dollar-Japanese Yen currency rate [J].
Yahoo! News’s topics sometimes gets hundreds to thousands comments posted by Yahoo! Japan account. In 2009, Yahoo! Japan introduced the referring Twitter messages under “Realtime Search” tab. This time, they are trying to let Facebook users make more buzz on the news on Yahoo! News, and that will work good for Facebook.
US Yahoo! News accepts comments by Facebook/Google account, but the posted comments are under Yahoo’s comment system. This change must be one of the expected moves when the ex-Yahoo! Japan CEO Masahiro Inoue told on his leave that the new boards would focus on social media and mobile.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM