If you’re an Android user, consider yourself a geek, understand Japanese, and need an appropriate home replacement screen on your handset, consider downloading Himasere. The app was released on the Android Market earlier this week by Tokyo-based tech company Ubiquitous Entertainment.
The idea here is to make it as easy as possible to access technology-related news and information (plus a game portal), just by flicking through the following sites from a single app:
- Weekly ASCII – PLUS (tech news)
- Yahoo Japan News – Topics
- Hatena Bookmarks (background on Hatena in English)
- Togetter (the English version of this Twitter curation service is called Chirpstory)
- TechCrunch Japan
- Engadget Japanese
- wise9 (blog specifically aimed at young game devs)
- Gizmodo Japan
Himasere supports Android 2.2 and up and is available for free on the Android Market.
Here is Ubiquitous Entertainment’s official promo video for the app: