ITMedia reported [J] today that Twitter Japan and Mixi, Japan’s largest social networking service as a Facebook-kind-of, will held a joint press conference next Wednesday, November 30 with Twitter Japan Country Manager James Masaakira Kondo (@jameskondo) and Mixi CEO Kenji Kasahara (Mixi profile [J]). It is not disclosed what will be announced there.
Mixi is running a Twitter clone Mixi Voice inside, but it is not so successful if you compare Twitter’s huge popularity in Japan. Although there are no clue yet, I guess it could be replacing Mixi Voice with Twitter and cooperate against their common imaginary enemy, a challenger Facebook. If it is so, Twitter may get more fruit but I am not sure what Mixi can get from it.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Google Agreed To Remove 122 Items By Court Order - October 23, 2014
- J-Deite Shows Real Transformer Car/Robot - October 17, 2014
- IBM Makes Anime “Steins;Gate” New Short Episodes on “Cognitive Computing” - October 15, 2014
- Google Ordered To Remove 122 Search Results Possibly Damaging Complainer’s Reputations - October 10, 2014
- Facebook Adds Kansai-ben(dialect) - October 8, 2014