ITMedia reported [J] today that Twitter Japan and Mixi, Japan’s largest social networking service as a Facebook-kind-of, will held a joint press conference next Wednesday, November 30 with Twitter Japan Country Manager James Masaakira Kondo (@jameskondo) and Mixi CEO Kenji Kasahara (Mixi profile [J]). It is not disclosed what will be announced there.
Mixi is running a Twitter clone Mixi Voice inside, but it is not so successful if you compare Twitter’s huge popularity in Japan. Although there are no clue yet, I guess it could be replacing Mixi Voice with Twitter and cooperate against their common imaginary enemy, a challenger Facebook. If it is so, Twitter may get more fruit but I am not sure what Mixi can get from it.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Chromebook Finally Comes For Japanese Consumers - November 11, 2014
- Japanese Legal Advice Service Bengo4.com To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Japanese Crowdsource Service Crowdworks To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Yahoo! Japan Reportedly Ends The Tie With Kakao Japan - November 7, 2014
- Google Agreed To Remove 122 Items By Court Order - October 23, 2014