Clwit[J], a Tokyo-based company developing social web services and Internet security countermeasures, announced it would start an e-commerce platform using Ustream in April. It allows you to integrate your website with Ustream and Twitter by just adding a line of iframe tag.
Mr. Yasuhiro Kunimine, the representative director of Clwit says, in their beta test, they confirmed adding the feature to classic e-commerce websites had gained their conversion rate by 10%-15% in average and 28% in the best case. The service is provided on a revenue-sharing model, and no initial fee is required to apply.
Clwit has agreed with Ustream Asia, and you can choose an option of using the ad-free version of Ustream for the informercial video streaming. Mr. Tomotaka Nakagawa, the representative director of Ustream Asia, says, “This is the first e-commerce platform where consumers can buy something after learning it via social media interaction. I hope it will be a new business model using Ustream.”
The company expects to engage 1,000 corporate users by April, 2012.
Via: Venture Now [J]
Latest posts by Masaru IKEDA (see all)
- As The First In Its Kind, Digital-Focused Event To Be Held This Weekend In Fukuoka - 8:30 AM
- Mig33 Launches Developer Program, Many Asian Gaming Apps To Come Out In Japan - 12:00 AM
- Zaim: The Socialized Cashbook App Helps You Find Better Ways To Save Daily Expenses - 11:00 AM
- Event Wrap-up: Echelon 2011 And More, A Visit To Singapore In June - 8:30 PM
- August’s Startup Weekend Events To Take Place In Tokyo, Kyoto And Fukuoka - 9:26 PM