Google Japan publicized their “Google Japanese Imput Method (Beta) Comic” online, following to its paper version, which was presented to their developer’s event recently.
This 42 pages comic by Yutanpo Shirane features some star developers in Google Japan.
There are 8 chapters and each chapter has the following topic;
- Why Google developed and released its own Japanese input method system
- Design concept: multi-platform, speed, security and stability
- Architecture: zero-based design, modular design, dictionary data compression, seamless software update
- Security: sandbox process
- Dictionary: made from their search index
- Conversion Engine Tuning: rank possible words choice by popularity on the web
- Suggestion: algorithm and interface for better word suggestion
- Misc: key bind customization, quality assurance, feedback system
Overall, the comic is for engineers, or at least people who do not dislike technical talk. It often emphasizes that Google Japan does not collect information over the internet to identify which user typed what text.
Probably Google Japan thought the original U.S. cartoon would not be accepted well in this comic country, however, this Yutanpo Shirane’s tone and the comic going from left-to-right (opposite direction of most Japanese manga) look not a typical Japanese manga but rather close to American comics for me.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Amazon Train running through Tokyo - December 10, 2014
- Docomo Fries Shrimps In 3 Seconds To Show How Its LTE Is Fast - November 29, 2014
- Chromebook Finally Comes For Japanese Consumers - November 11, 2014
- Japanese Legal Advice Service Bengo4.com To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Japanese Crowdsource Service Crowdworks To Go IPO - November 7, 2014