Google Japan publicized their “Google Japanese Imput Method (Beta) Comic” online, following to its paper version, which was presented to their developer’s event recently.
This 42 pages comic by Yutanpo Shirane features some star developers in Google Japan.
There are 8 chapters and each chapter has the following topic;
- Why Google developed and released its own Japanese input method system
- Design concept: multi-platform, speed, security and stability
- Architecture: zero-based design, modular design, dictionary data compression, seamless software update
- Security: sandbox process
- Dictionary: made from their search index
- Conversion Engine Tuning: rank possible words choice by popularity on the web
- Suggestion: algorithm and interface for better word suggestion
- Misc: key bind customization, quality assurance, feedback system
Overall, the comic is for engineers, or at least people who do not dislike technical talk. It often emphasizes that Google Japan does not collect information over the internet to identify which user typed what text.
Probably Google Japan thought the original U.S. cartoon would not be accepted well in this comic country, however, this Yutanpo Shirane’s tone and the comic going from left-to-right (opposite direction of most Japanese manga) look not a typical Japanese manga but rather close to American comics for me.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Google Agreed To Remove 122 Items By Court Order - October 23, 2014
- J-Deite Shows Real Transformer Car/Robot - October 17, 2014
- IBM Makes Anime “Steins;Gate” New Short Episodes on “Cognitive Computing” - October 15, 2014
- Google Ordered To Remove 122 Search Results Possibly Damaging Complainer’s Reputations - October 10, 2014
- Facebook Adds Kansai-ben(dialect) - October 8, 2014