Social network service Mixi banned users from dating.
Mixi changed their terms of policy on December 1st, in accordance with the “Dating site regulation act”. They are now prohibiting users from “using Mixi mainly to meet with strangers of the other sex”.
Recently, Mixi has deleted many groups which hold group dating or offline meetings.
The decision might also have been influenced by the recent lowering of the minimum age limit for users from 18 to 15. To be certified as a “safe site” which can be used by minors from a cellphone without filtering, they had to delete all dating groups from the site.
Japan has already been suffering from very low birth rate, but the National Police Agency wants Japanese to refrain from dating. Very very silly. Is it constitutional to restrict people from dating online?
via J-CAST [JP]
Latest posts by Shunichi Arai (see all)
- Event Report: San Francisco Japanese Tech Entrepreneur Night - November 18, 2010
- Asiajin Seoul meet up on October 16th - October 3, 2010
- Japan Internet Tech Entrepreneur Event In San Francisco - September 7, 2010
- Report Of Asiajin Shanghai Meetup - August 16, 2010
- Asiajin Shanghai Meetup Held On 24th - July 20, 2010