Kayac, a web development and consulting service in Kanagawa, announced that they sell 88 web services they created last year.
Kayac, which often addresses themselves as “Omoshiro Houjin Kayac”, which means “Funny Corporation Kayac” in Japanese, is known as an unique web development company. Some of their weird topics are;
- locating at the old capital Kamakura, which is a bit far from Tokyo, not supposed as an advantage for IT company
- some allowance decided by dice every month
- free address, including seaside playing base
- free working time
- paid holiday for lost love
The representative director, Daisuke Yanagisawa, wrote 2 books about Kayac’s management/organization and a book about how the company is unique.
Another exective appears on this parody widget of the award-winning popular blog-widget Uniqlock.
Their main sales seems to come from consulting, but company encourages their employees to design, develop and release small web services.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM