This week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Cybridge Purchases Naked Technology From Mixi
- Buffalo USA Ships The World’s First 11ac WiFi Router Which Is 3X Faster Than 11n
- Flipboard Japanese Localization Announced [En]
- Yahoo! Japan Finance To Make Stock Info Realtime – first as a free service. currently it has 20 mins delay
- 2ch Founder Hiroyuki Defends 5,000 Ignored Delete Requests Not From Police but by a police affiliated organization
- Rakuten CEO And Docomo On The List Who Newly Invests Evernote
- 30% Of Japanese Think To Keep Using Facebook, Higher Than Mixi/Twitter Research research by Cross Marketing (n=2043)
- Mixi Amends Some Articles Of Incorporation – to handle money transfer, auction, rental and ticketing.
- Yahoo! Japan Provides Ads For Naver Matome – Naver Matome was banned from Google Adsense before likely because most contents were copied from other sites. Yahoo! Japan, stronger than Google in this country, might not think it is a problem.
- Food Photo Sharing Service miil Company FrogApps Gets 240 Million Yen
- Japan’s Rakuten Wins the Heart of Pinterest in $100M Funding Round [En] by AllThingsD
- Asiajin’s Serkan Toto and Akky Akimoto’s comments on reuters FB news
- Facebook-specific photo package for 6800 yen.
- Crowd Comic Reproducing Project Social Kingdom – redrawing 1,000 frames of the latest book of a popular manga series Kingdom, by fans (and a few professional guests)
- Decopic Passes 6 Million Downloads
- Consumer Affairs Agency officially states that Kompu Gacha violates their regulation [pdf] – 6 Social Game Platformers Announcement On Consumer Affairs Agency’s Release
- Satellite TV Card B-CAS Hacked
- PASMO Closes History Viewer Service
- Quipper Raises $3.6M For Its Fun Take On E-Learning [En] by TechCrunch – a company by DeNA co-founder
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.