Early part of September news which we did not write as a dedicated article. Continued to (Part 2)
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- FFFTP, One Of Japan’s Most Popular Windows Free FTP Client Announced Its End Of Development
- NHK Begins Internet Radio Simulcasting
- Etolabo’s Mobile Photo Sharing Service Pikubo Handed Over To Insprout – Batara Eto is said to concentrate on EastVentures
- Livedoor Releases Anker – Communication Forums Using Facebook Account
- The Number Of Mixi Page Made Passes 80,000 – To avoid heavy load, they said that Mixi intentionally did not make the pages indexed on search engines. There are opinions (on Twitter) that Mixi Page not being indexed was just a configuration mistake, but Mixi tried to cover it up for some reason.
- Docomo Said To Complain To The Police A Tech-News Blogger For Unfair Competition Case – The blog Juggly.cn has been actively leaking Docomo’s new handsets recently.
- Fuji TV Release Official Explanation Around Web-Bashed Korean-Biased Program Issue – there are some netizens working on demonstration
- Softbank To Provide Users’ Age To Gree And Mixi, Following To KDDI au – to protect minors
- CyberAgent Invests To Korean Social Messaging Service Kakao
- Seattle’s Seven Eleven Testing Receiving Amazon Parcels [En] – Amazon Japan supports delivery to Lawson for years and does not need such locker
- Transformer Hugging Pillow (Dakimakura [En])
- Osaka Electro-Communication University Releases iPhone Guide With Virtual Girl
- Karelog [En] is on Macafee’s spyware list
- Karelog Releases Orelog, Sharing YOUR Privacy Actively With Your Girlfriend – hahaha
- Internet Watch asks Kaspersky if Karelog is malware. LOL
- How To Cure The Internet Addict
- Dragon Quest Slime Meat Bun
- Major Publishers Publishes An Open Letter To Over 100 Book-Scan Service Companies
- Medical Representative Confesses Illegal Drug Use Among Colleagues On Twitter
- E-book Service Renta Adds English Site – the e-books are still all in Japanese
- “Save Electricity” Neon Sign
- Sakura Internet Starts Beta Testing Of Sakura Cloud. Sakura Cloud price will be 1/2 to 1/3 of Amazon Web Services – President told
- Hulu CEO Talks Why Japanese Paid Movie Services Failed. – Failed? Hulu just got 1 million paid users and there are at least three movie subscription services having over million payers in Japan.
- JR East To Test Smartphone Information Service On Yamanote Train. release, though it is on only one train. via MyCom
- Ex-worker Whose Contract Not Renewed Intrudes Office And Pour Chili Source And Dressing Over 10 PCs
- Docomo To Enable Migration Of Paid Subscriptions From i-mode To Smartphone, Nikkei Reports
- Nico Nico Douga Hires ex-Manbe-kun For Event PR Twitter. – S/he and her/his company was cut off by a local town by too political tweets.
- Tokyo Met Govmnt Explains Youth Slangs On The Web
- AMN Announces Japan’s Top 50 Pro-Social Media Companies
- “Evil Stamp Shop”(it is the shop’s name) Selling Informal Japanese stamps
- Website Selling Fake Employment Certification Accused. Alibi
- Mooo! – Nico Nico Douga + Drawing Overlay via @IT
- ex-Just System’s conference at FCCJ [En]
- Hulu’s alliance with Docomo is pre-install and 3 months free subscription on new LTE tablet
- Gree’s Third Party Game Provider Employee Arrested By Altering Game Data Of 1.3 Million Players
- Alessandro Delpiero Official Japanese Blog Starts
- Japanese Satisfaction Research On Domestic And Imported Smartphones
- “Forieng Blogger-Like” Hair Style On A Ladies Magazine An-an. still unsure what is the hairstyle of foreign bloggers…
- ComiPo! English Version Release [En]
- Japan’s Google Doodle Sci-Fi Writer Shinichi Hoshi On Sep 5
- Famitsu Gree – Game Magazine Dedicated For Gree’s Social Games In Store On Sep 15
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.
The following two tabs change content below.