Early part of May news which we did not write as a dedicated article. Continued to (Part 2)
Because of the Golden Week holiday, there were very few releases on Japanese web.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Toyota Features Hatsune Miku For North America Promotion
- Nikkei Trendy’s Twitter/Facebook Usage Chart After The Quake. using Nielsen/NetRatings data
TV Remote Simplified via @otsune
- Softbank Invests Gilt Group, Establishes A Joint Venture For Japanese Market
- Gizmodo Japan launches t-shirt charity project. All sales in Japan and US to be donated to the quake relief efforts.
- Tokyo-based affiliate rep Net Marketing launches a navigation portal for (potential?) Facebook users.
- A showcase of traditional- and extra-kind vending machines serving various foods and beverages with location map.
- Video: A bunch of Unidentified Flying Objects witnessed in Shinjuku, Tokyo. The UFO video trended on twitter all day. I think they are baloons.
- Takeshi Nomura of Hitotsubashi Univ. to host a conference for senior high & junior high student entrepreneurs.
- J-pop band Meridian Rogue launches a freemium portal of music distribution and promotion for indie artists.
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.