As in previous years, Echelon will take place in Singapore (the first one was organized back in 2010), and the main event is preceded by a number of lead-up events in various countries.
These so-called Satellites already took place in the Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan. The goal here is to identify cool startups for the Startup Marketplace exhibition at Echelon proper in June.
And now, it’s Japan’s turn.
Here are all details for the Echelon 2012 Japan Satellite event:
Date and time:
April 27 (this Friday), 2012 – from 10am-5pm
9.00am : Registration starts
10.00am : Opening remarks by e27
10.10am : Opening Speech by Mr Mikihiro Yasuda, Open Network Labs
10.20am : Keynote – Case study of a successful Startup Pivot by Simon Newstead
10.40am : Keynote by Mr Yasuhiko Yurimoto, Global Brain
11.00am : Startup Pitches 1
12.30pm : Lunch
1.30pm : Keynote, The BlackBerry Opportunity by Alan Wong
1.50pm : Keynote by Sandeep Cassi
2.10pm : Keynote – An overseas experience for Japanese startups by Hiromichi Ando
2.30pm : Startup Pitches 2
4.00pm : Results and announcements
I am expecting the event to hit full capacity very soon, so if you’re interested, you should register as soon as possible.
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - 3:16 PM
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - 6:46 PM
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - 2:20 PM
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - 9:22 AM
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - 7:58 AM