This week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Bandai To Release Pet Robot Using iPhone/iPod As Its Face, The Verge [En]
- Akihabara Event of Android Highschool
- Japanese Noodle Chain Runs Unique Campaign, Accept Any Expired Coupons By Other Companies – It buzzed on Japanese web a lot so it already succeeded.
- Namco Bandai Games And DeNA’s Joint Venture BNDA Renamed BNDeNA
- Docomo’s 2G Service Mova Ceases On March 31
- DeNA’s MySQL Wizard Yoshinori Matsunobu Joins To Facebook, Moved To Silicon Valley [En, his blog]
- Hon Hai(‘Foxconn) To Be The Largest Shareholder Of Sharp, Wall Street Journal [En]
- Sankei Selling Links From Its High Page-Rank Sites For SEO
- A Car Driver Uploaded His Threatening A Cycling Kid Bashed On The Web, Suicides, Sankaku Complex [En, NSFW]
- Zaku Tofu From Gundam
- Cellphone Connection On Tokyo Metro Starts On March 30 – though most Japanese train do not allow passengers to talk, this change will make big change on how mobile websites for commuters are designed.
- Japan’s Government Fund Invest 15 Billion Yen To Shuppan Digital Kikou, e-Book Consortium Of Most Japanese Publishers
- e-Commerce App Provider Aratana Funded 100 Million Yen By JAFCO
- Hulu Japan Gets Contents From TV Tokyo – The first from major networks, but TV Tokyo is the most unpopular among 5 networks. Let’s see if other networks, each of who runs its own on-demand service, follow or not.
- National Election Gazette To Be Allowed On The Web. – What? Yes, it was prohibited.
- IBM Japan Lost Lawsuit On Failed Banking System Project
- Two Male Twitter Users Arrested By Posting Female Nude Photos As Theirs – It is untold what level of nudity did those images had.
- Greeting Card App On LINE(New Skype-rival) Released, Gets #1 On 5 Asian Appstores
- Perfume Releases Their Dance Data For Developers on GitHub
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Chromebook Finally Comes For Japanese Consumers - November 11, 2014
- Japanese Legal Advice Service Bengo4.com To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Japanese Crowdsource Service Crowdworks To Go IPO - November 7, 2014
- Yahoo! Japan Reportedly Ends The Tie With Kakao Japan - November 7, 2014
- Google Agreed To Remove 122 Items By Court Order - October 23, 2014