“[RT Experiment] If this tweet is retweeted more than 2,000 times, I will start a new business with three randomly chosen (from who retweeted). You will have no obligation but listed on the board. We can think together what to do later. Half of the company share will be yours.”
— 家入一真さん (@hbkr) 4月 1, 2012
and that tweet has been retweeted over 5,000 times.
Ieiri is one of the successful icons in Japanese web start-up scene. He brought up his Paperboy & Co. to JASDAQ stock market as the youngest president in history. After leaving the company, started several cafe in central Tokyo. He established some companies including Hyper Internets [J], is running Campfire [J], a Japanese version of Kickstart. And he invested several IT start-ups.
Although he was inspired by other’s April Fool’s tweet asking 5,000 retweets to disclose his company name, Ieiri said it is not a lie [J]. He is well known by many of such kind actions and is reliable on doing silly-sounding things seriously.
There are 2 hours more on April 1 in Japan Standard Time, and (though the tweet is only in Japanese,) he did not say that it is limited in Japan. If you are interested in co-founding a start-up company, the tweet is here.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- E-mail Mistakenly Addressed to Mr./Ms. “Blacklist” - March 7, 2015
- Granny Dating Simulation Game – Jun’ai Babah Gakuen - February 7, 2015
- Aichi Police Raids Amazon Japan over Child-porn Sales - January 24, 2015
- Japanese Office Prank – Zaku II from Gundam Outside - January 16, 2015
- Mixi Adds The Second Account, Gives Users Another Face - January 14, 2015