It took the site, which launched on September 10 in 2007, exactly 1,602 days to reach that milestone. That’s about 2,500 users per day – not bad at all, especially for a niche site, over such a long period.
Pixiv got its first million users in June 2009, reached 2 million users in May 2010 and hit 3 million users in March 2011. With 4 million users, roughly 4% of Japan’s online population have now registered for the service.
Users are generating 2.8 billion page views per month and have submitted a staggering 24.5 million works so far.
Registration in English is possible here.
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - 3:16 PM
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - 6:46 PM
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - 2:20 PM
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - 9:22 AM
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - 7:58 AM