This week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Navit Allegedly Manipulates Reviews On @Cosme By Using Trial Samples And Reward – Navit counter-release said that it is not manipulation but request.
- KDDI au Offers Opt-Out From Targeted Ads, But You Need To Call Them
- Asahi Newspaper’s Online Asahi.com Brand Merged Into Asahi Shimbun Digital – release via Internet Watch
- A Time Recorder Service Supports Twitter In and Out
- Hitler Movie Downfall To Hit Nico Nico Douga – 97.4% Of It Are For Free – Only 3 min 59 sec you need to pay. Guess which part of the movie is the paid zone!
- A Cat Having Identical Face On His Groin
- A Cafe Idols Serving Instant Noodle For $10 Opens In Akihabara – report on TV from 2ch
- Snowed Tokyo Lets Twitter Users Made A Snow-Woman
- Google Japan Office And Super Engineers On NHK
- Yamanote-Line Delay Caused Docomo Cellphone Network Congested – Docomo shop poster. It is a bit more complicated., Nikkei reports but then Docomo withdrew that the explanation train delay stopped their network. Then another explanation was made that increase of free-calling apps usage like Skype and Line on smartphone was the reason. NHN Japan Executive Tweets that LINE’s Traffic was not increasing when Docomo network down
- User Voting Lego Produce Site Cuusoo To Make Minecraft Lego
- Let iPhone Safari Scream Even In Silent Mode – related news: Ringing Finally Ended, but There’s No Button to Stop Shame
- Anime Blogger Arrested By Making Computer Virus, First Time In Japan – By the virus, he let a reader automatically post death-threat on comments, then reported it to police. – on NHK
Many news around the popular girls group AKB48.
- AKB48 Producer Yasushi Akimoto Gets Up AKB-sister-groups Managers For Censoring Girls’ Messages On Google+ – his staff seemed to let girls use Google+ in conservative way.
- This Year’s Government Anti-Suicide Campaign Named GKB47 – obviously after AKB48. Some people expressed unpleasant feeling to the parodied name for the serious anti-suicide campaign in this country having high suicide-rate.
- Google+ Lowering Age Limit To 13yo Realizes More AKB48 members – now 109 of members are on Google+.
- 2 AKB48 Member Forced To Drop Out By Private Photo Leaked From Twitter – photos showing evidences that they had a boyfriend, which is prohibited in AKB48
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.