As expected, the opening of year 2012 on Japanese Twitter was a full stream of new year’s greetings. After entering into 2012, Twitter, both site and API, went down by heavy load.
The same Tweet Counter counted 14,594 tweets when Japanese made the latest official record on an anime movie “Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa”(“Castle in the Sky” in US), which was authorized as the record by Twitter official 5 days later. The official number was 25,088 tweets per second.
So, although it is unofficial statistics, as the same measurement says the New Year’s Eve tweets were 10% more than the Laputa tweets, Twitter’s 2012 began with the largest tweets ever. We will see Twitter’s official number soon, and that will be much higher than the numbers recorded in 2011.
Anyway, Happy New Year from Japan! though most of you are still in 2011
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Facebook Adds QR-Code to Add Friends via 2D Barcode for Japan - October 2, 2014
- Yahoo! Japan Mail Troubled – 3.8 Million Users Affected - October 2, 2014
- Amazon Japan Makes Larger Mailbox for their Parcels - October 1, 2014
- Concentration by Font Cards - September 29, 2014
- Photo Tweet A Minute Before Today’s Volcano Eruption Worried - September 27, 2014