Japan’s social game networking service giant Gree announced today November 2 that it had established a new invest subsidiary Gree Ventures.
Gree Ventures is going to form GV-I Investment Partnership, which is planned to invest (tantative) 2 billion yen (US$25.6 million) in total.
GREE to Begin Investing in Southeast and East Asia
– Plans to Actively Support Start-up Companies Targeting Global Markets –
Nov. 02, 2011
TOKYO, Japan – November 2, 2011 – GREE today announced that it has resolved to enter the venture capital business with a focus on Internet business-related start-up companies. For the entry, GREE has established a wholly-owned subsidiary, GREE Ventures, and formed a GV-I investment partnership which globally invests in Internet-related businesses under the management of GREE Ventures.
Aiming to boost the Internet market, not only in Japan but throughout the world, GREE will support the growth of promising unlisted venture companies which operate mainly in the Internet market in Southeast Asia and East Asia, where long term expansion is expected.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - November 3, 2016
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - November 2, 2016
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - May 25, 2016
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016