Okyo (“Buddhist sutra” in Japanese) is a new gadget for Japanese Buddhists. Ihai (Spiritual Tablet)-shaped this portable USB gadget will chant sutra everywhere without calling monks.
The pre-installed chant is Heart-Sutra(Hannya-Shingyo in Japanese) by a famous Jisseiin Jyonenji [J]. You may replace with your own chant in mp3 format. Letters on tablet can be modified to your denomination’s one if ordered a set of 200 or more. The price is 19,800 yen (US$260).
This may match well with QR Code Tombstone, which Japan has since 2008.
Hannya-Shingyo Pop By Hatsune Miku
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM