Not only in the holy land Akihabara, but everywhere in Tokyo you see maid cafe. When market is competitive, some tries to be unique like in the geeky BSD daemon motif [J], dressing up in boys cloths [J], etc. Generally those shops feature youthfulness and cuteness.
Inspired by Clara’s strict housekeeper from “Heidi, Girl of the Alps“, all the waiters/dancers of the “Cafe Rottenmeier” are “granny maids”! They have been selected through an open recruitment process seeking people who “see themselves as grannies”.
29 granny maids, whose age are from 24 to 77 (Is 24 yo really adequate for granny maid?), will serve with custome-made dress, wig and make-up in 19 century European style, so are table cloth, plates and utensils.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Google Japan’s office in Skyscraper had a Small Fire - November 27, 2015
- Lost articles - October 15, 2015
- Rakuten Purchases The Name Of Miyagi Baseball Stadium For Kobo - December 14, 2013
- Japan’s 4th Largest Convenience Chain-store To Use Rakuten Super Points - November 30, 2013
- Twitter Virus “Plays Now” Exposes What Tasteless Videos Japanese Interested In - October 23, 2013