Google Asia Pacific and Japan vice president Daniel Alegre announced [J] on official Google Japan blog that Google’s search technology is again provided to Yahoo! Japan.
According to the article, Yahoo! Japan uses Google’s search engine as a backend, is able to customize frontend in any way. Google emphasizes that Yahoo! Japan has freehand on how to display search results, what original experiences to offer.
Google also provides search advertising platform to Yahoo! Japan. It is said that the data of advertisers and ads are not shared between Google and Yahoo! Japan.
In return, Yahoo! Japan gives its popular contents such like Auction, Shopping and Chiebukuro(Answers) to Google’s search index.
Yahoo! Japan also announced it [J, pdf]
Yahoo! Japan shows how much this change will affect on their search results page. “Only”(the release said so) the blue squares – organic search results and the red boxes – search advertising part on the new one, right side, are influenced by this time change. Yahoo! related keywords, links from Yahoo! Chiebukuro(Answers) and other Yahoo! contents will remain.
The Google’s side announcement on the blog was mistakenly opened at 14:16, then withdrawn until the originally planned 15:10.
Is Yahoo! Japan Switching To Google Search? – Our comments in this morning
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM