Their new service Tokyo decade shows you two maps of the same point in Tokyo, with current and 10 years ago.
The top page shows a good example, on the right, you see Tokyo Mid-Town (Roppoingi), where a famous pop singer got naked and arrested at its park, on the left, former Japan Defence Agency buildings are shown. The Tokyo Prefecture metro Oedo-line was under construction decade ago.
You may change the tab to “Fusion View”, on which you can see the past on the middle line and the current on the right on the single map. See Roppongi Hills!
There are some interesting points listed up where things have been drastically changed. If you have been, or visited Tokyo in last 10 years, it should be interesting.
- Shiodome Shiosite
- New National Museum
- New and old prime minister’s office and residence
- Successful Tokyo Disneyland added Tokyo Disney Sea
- Toyosu, waterfront changed factories into offices, campus and shopping mall
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM