Canceling this year’s Web 2.0 Expo in Tokyo was considered a mild disappointment in the Japanese web world. But now it seems Digital Garage‘s New Context Conference 2008 [J], a 2-day event full of high-profile speakers from the Japanese and international Internet industry, can more than make up for it.
The conference (slogan: “Open Networks come to life – post Web 2.0″) has these confirmed speakers [UPDATED]:
Jean-Marie Hullot, Founder and CEO at Fotonauts
Natsuno Takeshi, the mastermind behind NTT Docomo’s imode (now advisor for Dwango)
Lisa Sounio, CEO of social travel site Dopplr
Andrew “bunnie” Huang, VP Hardware Engineering and Founder at Chumby
Matt Flannery, Co-Founder and CEO at social lending site Kiva
Teruhide Satou, CEO at netprice [J]
Spencer Hyman, COO at last.fm
Eric Young, CEO at social learning site iKnow!
Ellen Levy, Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategy at LinkedIn
Reid Hoffman, angel investor and founder at LinkedIn
Hitoshi Ushiku, president and representative director at payment and E-commerce distribution service provider Econtext
Hiroyuki Watanabe, operating officer and general manager, Nikkei Business Publications (Cross Media Promotion Bureau)
Mikihiro Yasuda, COO at price comparison site Kakaku.com
I would say this is a very impressive list, and even more speakers may be added soon.
You can register for the New Context Conference 2008 here [J], for free (!).
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - October 4, 2012
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - September 11, 2012
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - August 11, 2012
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - July 26, 2012
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - July 5, 2012