Geisha Tokyo Entertainment Inc. announced a new entertainment software title using augmented reality technology named “Dennoh Figure ARis“(Cyber Figure Alice) which will be on sale this autumn (2008).
The package will come with two cyber-cubes and two cyber-sticks. You set up your webcam, and by putting the cyber-cube on your desk, a cyber-maid is displayed on top of the cube on your PC screen.
By maneuvering the cyber-stick around the cube, you can peep, touch, and make her clothes change virtually. The picture below only shows the concept. In reality, the cyber-maid can only be seen on the PC.
In my opinion, this product looks to be on the same track as the game Eye of Judgement, demo-ed and sold by Sony for Playstation3, in which players can see CG monsters appear over their real cards through a webcam, though Sony’s product is less creepy. 🙂
[Update 2008-07-23] BB Watch reported ARis at Wireless Japan 2008 Conference with movies [J]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - November 3, 2016
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - November 2, 2016
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - May 25, 2016
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016