The 5th annual year-end conference “Bounen Kaigi 2007” was held at Yahoo! Japan meeting room, Tokyo Midtown, Roppongi, Tokyo. This year’s sponser is Yahoo! Japan.
Bounen Kaigi, which name is an original word made from “Bounenkai”(year-forgetting party in Japanese) and “Kaigi”(meeting, conference) started in December 2003, by Gen Taguchi, the owner of the most influent net business Japanese blog 100shiki, and Daiya Hashimoto, a famous book review blogger (Jyoho Kogaku Passion for The Future).
Noticable Net Services in 2007
The first part of the conference is the Taguchi/Hashimoto’s 10 noticable websites picks.
- NicoNico Douga/Zisoku Nicometer Movie CGM service and its ranking
- Nounai Maker – Online Generator of your brain-image for fun
- Girl of Summer/Ustream – video aggregation mashup using Ustream
- Hatena Tokumei Diary - anoymous group blog by Hatena
- iKnow Social Network for English learner
- Ren-ai 575 user generated Senryu(Japanese style short poem) BBS
They collected online-vote from their readers and chose interesting sites from the list. These are NOT the most popular websites in Japan, but rather sites which are getting attention by early adaptors. Some of them may be bigger in 2008.
Yahoo! Japan’s 2007 top keywords and other trend
Yahoo! Japan’s employee explained the most searched words 2007.
They also disclosed some number of search trends around Mixi, Mobage-town, Kao Cheki, Purofu, celebrity search, etc.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM