Early part of August news which we did not write as a dedicated article. Continued to (Part 2)
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Pompare Could Not Pass Groupon Japan In July
- Yahoo! Loco Android Supports AR Directions
- Shop Reward Cards Suggested To Be Merged Into One
- Angry Anti-Fuji TV People Rushing On A Program Sponsor Kaoh’s Detergent Review On Amazon – Some people are thinking Fuji airing too much Korean drama and music
- Japan’s First Groupon Clone Vendor Piku Media Gives Up. The brand ‘piku’ will be handed over to Sharee. Piku Insider Counters Back To Nikkei Article
- Softbank’s Delivery Only By Web ID Now Supports Facebook. you may send parcels to your Facebook friends without knowing his/her name and address
- Ricoh To Shut Off Quanp From US via GigaOM [En]
- Hand iPhone Case
- DeNA’s Mobage To Be Pre-installed On AT&T Androids [En]
- Local TV Mistakenly Airing Bad-Tasting Joke Around Nuke-tainted Rice. Iwate Prefecture protested it. Japan Probe [En]
- Ngi Group, a VC firm known as the first(?) investor for Mixi, appoints new chairman. Tadaaki Sakito, Apple Japan’s ex-CEO. The current president Yozo Kaneko keeps his role.
Japanese Girls Group Photo Now And 100 Years Ago
- KDDI’s incubation program “Mugen Labo” announces five start-ups they support.
- Harajyuku Girls Android App By Naver Japan via Release
- Google Street View Underware Lawsuit Formed A Laywers Team After Lower Court Lost
1.7 Billion Yen Water Bill – it’s because of computer!
- Popular Japanese-Workstyle Critic Blog Closed, The Anonymous Blogger Notes He Feels His Life Threatened. His name seemed to be identified on 2-channel
- Einestein Biography Published With Machine-Translation, Publisher Calls It Back. Amazon review has co-translator’s explanation why it happened, mainly because of the publisher’s fault. Yomirui showed some silly translations from the book (page disappeared by time)
- Jumvo, a stored-and-forward based voice message exchange app for the iPhone released
- Yumemi, a Tokyo-based web system integrator also known for having recently announced to launch the Japanese version of location-based game MyTown, releases a camera app that allows you to release the shutter by making breathing sound. This app is also available globally. (Japanese/English ver.)
- Yahoo! Gyao Testing English/Chinese Movie Distribution. Using Ooyala, Facebook and Renren
- Kao’s Nose Pack Web Promotion Lets You Peel Nose Pack On Ladies via MyCOM
- Bit Valley Map In 2000 – the first web babble in Japan
- WSJ referred Kyoko Shimbun(Japanese counterpart of Onion News) article
- Kokuyo’s smartphone-ready notebook CamiApp
- Gree To Invest Social Game Developer Cave
- Pioneer Starts Social Networks For Music Players via MdN Design Interactive
This is the deflation. 29 yen beansprouts was discount 30 yen in Japan
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.