The last week’s Japanese Web/IT related news which we did not write as a dedicated article in 2011. Thank you for your support to Asiajin. It was a great year.
6-7 days around the New Year’s day are basically holiday for most people in Japan, so there were not much news.
Referred pages are all in Japanese, unless otherwise stated.
- Amazon Japan’s eBook Service Launch Delayed, Not Enough Publishers Agreed, Kyodo Reports
- Asahi Beverages To Deploy Free WiFi On Its 10,000 Vendor Machines. Japan Trends [En]
- Rocketnews Tried To Upskirt On New LovePlus 3DS Demo. No, you cannot do that as it is Nintendo. But you can do that on this PC game.
- Rakuten Books Mistakenly? Discount Some DVD Boxes Which Are Being Soled Around 20,000-30,000 Yen To 500 Yen, Some Purchasers Report Pile Of Delivered Products
- Mixi Also Gets Slow After The New Year’s Eve. Not only Twitter.
- NHK’s Censors And Modifies Lady Gaga’s Lyrics Translation On Kohaku – made far less controversial. NHK seems to file deletion requests on YouTube (not because of this lyrics modification, but regular task to protect their copyright).
If you want to know any specific news more, but unable to find them in other English blog/media, please let us know.