Shunji Yamanaka, a well-known Japanese industrial designer and Keio University professor showed a photo of his developing artificial leg for women on his blog [J].
This is yet a mock and you can only stand up with the current one, but Yamanaka wrote that the model woman, an athlete who runs with a regular prosthetic leg, liked it and enjoyed hours photo-shoot.
He told that about 8,000 Japanese need prosthesis leg, but most of them are not using cosmetic prosthesis because even with the best one can be found that it is not the real one, and use a metal skeleton with cloths covering. His team is trying to approach in another way, the leg which is totally different from real legs, but still look beautiful. The white plastic attachment in rear does not have functional meaning, but make a silhouette look good when you wear pants.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- Baidu Japan Shut Down Search Service - April 15, 2015
- Perstext – Draw Text Perspectively Over Photo From Canon - April 3, 2015
- E-mail Mistakenly Addressed to Mr./Ms. “Blacklist” - March 7, 2015
- Granny Dating Simulation Game – Jun’ai Babah Gakuen - February 7, 2015
- Aichi Police Raids Amazon Japan over Child-porn Sales - January 24, 2015