About an hour prior to Apple’s “Let’s Talk iPhone” event, Apple Store Ginza (Tokyo, Japan) page [J] is showing that the new iPhone 4S will be on sale from 8 a.m. October 14.
The text is here with my translation,
iPhone 4S has come.
It’s on sale from 8 a.m. October 14 at Apple Store. We will assist you to choose carrier and plan fit the best for you. Since our staff will set it up, your iPhone will be ready even walking out the store. See more,
Some Japanese says the text “to choose carrier” means that now Japanese consumer can choose KDDI au on top of long time exclusive seller Softbank Mobile. Maybe so, but it is also possible that the whole text was straight translation from English site.
Here is the full page screenshot,
On the right side, iPod nano with “the new user interface, improved fitness function, new clock face and multi-touch” is also announced. The price is from 10,800 yen (US$140)
[Update 2] It seems that all local store pages had mistakenly been switched with the one with the new iPhone 4S, turned back to the old page one by one. Anyway Tim Cook start talking now.
via Netafull [J]
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - November 3, 2016
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - November 2, 2016
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - May 25, 2016
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - March 7, 2016
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - March 7, 2016