Namco Bandai, who was a merged company of video game company Namco and toy company Bandai in 2005, announced a new step on social game development with one of the world’s most successful social game platform, DeNA. The new company DBNA is supposed to develop social games for the global market.
From the release, the new company seems to be led by Namco Bandai with 75% share.
TOKYO, JAPAN – August 22, 2011 — NAMCO BANDAI Holdings Inc. and DeNA Co., Ltd. have announced today that NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of NAMCO BANDAI Holdings, and DeNA will broaden their existing relationship by establishing a joint venture, expressly created to deliver social games and entertainment content to smartphone users worldwide. The initial capitalization of the joint venture will be 100 million yen, funded 75% by BANDAI NAMCO Games and 25% by DeNA. The new company, BDNA Inc., will begin operating on October 1, 2011.
Another traditional Japanese video game company Konami announced that their social game sales has passed the sales of consumer game sales [J]. Konami provides social games both for Mobage(DeNA) and Gree. Video Game package vendors are shifting to this promising new field.
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- NEC Releases AI Chooses The Best Taste of 2-channelers Soul Snack Umaibou - 10:14 AM
- i-mode cellphone shipment announced to cease by end of this year - 12:49 PM
- Smartphone Fasting Camp to be Held This Summer in Japan - 1:10 PM
- Japanese Web: Find Hilary Clinton’s Photo Similar To Social Game Idols - 12:15 PM
- Yahoo! Japan to Open Silicon Valley Branch - 8:00 AM