Gakufu Camera [J] (gakufu = music score) is an iPhone app released by music instrument vendor Kawai. The camera application lets you scan music score by camera, recognize musical notes in real-time, play the recognized notes.
The app can recognize not only printed score but handwritten ones.
Playing demo starts around 0:25 on the movie above. Personally, it is not what I imagined first when I saw the news. It seems almost impossible “to play” as you need to take correct timings, it gives you tones of the symbols but no length info. However, it may still good tool for people studying how to read scores.
The app costs 350 yen (US$5) at iTunes App Store, seems only in Japan at now.
via IT Media
Latest posts by Akky Akimoto (see all)
- E-mail Mistakenly Addressed to Mr./Ms. “Blacklist” - March 7, 2015
- Granny Dating Simulation Game – Jun’ai Babah Gakuen - February 7, 2015
- Aichi Police Raids Amazon Japan over Child-porn Sales - January 24, 2015
- Japanese Office Prank – Zaku II from Gundam Outside - January 16, 2015
- Mixi Adds The Second Account, Gives Users Another Face - January 14, 2015