Japan’s biggest business daily, The Nikkei, is reporting that NHN in Korea has set up a 100-people team that’s supposed to create the titles, for example action and puzzle games (see below). Japan is expected to see 10 new titles from NHN as early as spring this year, but the company is planning to have a whopping 100 games on the Japanese and Korean markets by year-end.
According to the Nikkei, the company is also planning to add social networking functionalities to the games, including multi-player options.
NHN has been offering games on the iPhone since summer last year, for example this one (Puchi Puchi Same Puzzle):
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - 3:16 PM
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - 6:46 PM
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - 2:20 PM
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - 9:22 AM
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - 7:58 AM