The Japanese love books (the book market over here is worth $23 billion annually) and cool mobile apps, for example the popular photo sharing app Instagram. Combine these two phenomena and you get a book on Instagram (dubbed: An Introduction To Instagram In 140 Characters).
It’s totally silly (why should you get a printed book on an app that’s so easy to use and is documented everywhere online already), but the book will go on sale in Japan tomorrow for 998 Yen/$12 (Amazon link).
There are tons of printed how-to books available on Twitter, YouTube, iPhone, Facebook and others on the market already – a truly Japan-only phenomenon.
Via Modern Syntax
Latest posts by Serkan Toto (see all)
- The Nikkei: KDDI To Start Offering The iPad Mini From November - 3:16 PM
- For $12.8 Million: Yahoo Japan Acquires Decopic Creator Community Factory - 6:46 PM
- Nico Nico Douga Hits 28 Million Users, Generates US$46 Million In Sales Last Quarter - 2:20 PM
- SoftBank Starts Using The 900MHz “Platinum Band” - 9:22 AM
- Rakuten Starts Featuring Pinterest On Its Japanese Marketplace And Other Properties - 7:58 AM